Rental Terms & Policies
To reserve a boat, please phone the OOC with the following details: number and type of boats to be rented, date and time of pickup, and date and time of return. Weekend rentals must be picked up after 3pm Friday and returned Monday before noon. The OOC requires a 25% non-refundable deposit at the time of reservation.
Cancellations: Lost 25% non-refundable deposit. Must call to cancel. No shows lose all payments.
Transfers: A 25% transfer fee will be charged for any change in reservation if done within three days of reservation date.
Late Returns: 0-4 hours charged at 4 hour rate. 4-24 hours charged at daily rate. 24+ hours charged at double daily rate.
Early Returns: No refunds. No exceptions.
To Extend a Rental: Please telephone to confirm extension. Otherwise, late fees will be charged.
Requirements for All Rentals
- Children mus be accompanied by an adult.
- The OOC recommends that each person have some previous kayak experience (completing a basic course at the OOC or another kayak school, (or watching our paddling safety video) and that renters have the ability to safely meet all conditions the may encounter.
- All users must sign a release form when the equipment is picked up. The OOC cannot deliver equipment until a signed form has been delivered for each user.
- A $200 damage deposit is required for each boat taken off site and will be applied toward any damage or loss of equipment. There is a $10 cleaning fee for equipment that is returned dirty. These deposits are refundable when rented equipment is returned in the same condition as it was when rented.
- Off site rentals must be carried on roof racks that meet our approval. They may not be carried in the bed of a pickup truck, or on the roofs of cars without suitable racks. Boats must be properly secured by the renter with straps provided by the OOC. Rental racks are available, but renters must phone ahead to confirm that our available racks can be attached to your vehicle.
- Liberty Bay rentals require that a driver's license and/or a major credit card be left as security.
- All rentals are subjected to 8.1% sales tax.
Class & Trip Policies & Terms
- To reserve a place on a trip or in a class, please telephone the OOC with the following information: number or title of activity, date of activity, and the number in the party.
Reservations: If you are reserving more that two weeks in advance of the activity, the OOC requires a 25% non-refundable deposit at the time of reservation. Within two weeks, the OOC requires payment in full.
Transfers: If you transfer more than seven days prior to the activity, you will be charged a 25% transfer fee. Transfers within seven days will not be allowed unless you provide proof of a medical or family emergency.
Cancellations: If you cancel more than two weeks prior to your activity, you lose your 25% deposit. If you cancel 8-14 days prior, you lose 50% of your payment. If you cancel 0-7 days prior to the activity, you lose 100% of your payment. If the OOC cancels for any reason (bad weather, insufficient class enrollment, etc.) you can choose either a full refund or schedule another activity at no additional charge.
Renters are responsible for the full replacement value of any equipment lost, damaged, or stolen.