At Olympic Outdoor Center our goal is to see that you have an incredible experience with our equipment and staff.
Rental Terms & Policies
We do not take reservations for on-site hourly rentals unless you are a group of 8 or more. We do take reservations for day and multi-day rentals.
To reserve a boat for a day or multi-day rental, reserve on our website or please phone us with the following details: number and type of boats to be rented, date and time of pickup, and date and time of return. We also provide a delivery service for group rentals.
Weekend rentals must be picked up after 3pm Friday and returned Monday before noon.
All day and multi-day rentals are paid for in advance at time of reservation.
Late Returns: 0-4 hours charged at 4 hour rate. 4-24 hours charged at daily rate. 24+ hours charged at double daily rate. Please call us if you are going to be late.
Early Returns: No refunds. No exceptions.
To Extend a Rental: Please telephone to confirm extension. Otherwise, late fees will be charged.
Renters are responsible for the full replacement value of any equipment lost, damaged, or stolen.
Requirements for All Rentals, Classes, and Tours
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend that each person have some previous kayak experience (completing a basic course at Olympic or another kayak school and that renters have the ability to safely meet all conditions the may encounter).
- All users must sign a release form when the equipment is picked up. We cannot deliver equipment until a signed form has been delivered for each user.
- A $200 damage deposit is required for each boat taken off site and will be applied toward any damage or loss of equipment. The renter is responsible for the full replacement value or repair of any damaged, lost, or stolen equipment.
- There is a $20 cleaning fee for equipment that is returned dirty and will be taken out of your deposit. Deposits are fully refundable when rented equipment is returned in the same condition as it was when rented. Please take the time to clean kayaks, paddleboards, and equipment before returning them to Olympic.
- Off site rentals must be carried on roof racks that meet our approval. They may not be carried in the bed of a pickup truck, or on the roofs of cars without suitable racks. Boats must be properly secured by the renter. Rental racks are available, but renters must phone ahead to confirm that our available racks can be attached to your vehicle.
Class & Trip Policies & Terms
- We do not take reservations for classes or tours without payment. When calling to reserve a spot in a class or tour please be prepared.
- To reserve a place on a trip or in a class, either register through our website or telephone us. Please be prepared to provide the following information: number or title of activity, date of activity, and the number and names of those attending.
- We run classes and tours rain or shine.
Reservations: We require full payment at time of reservation.
Cancellations: If we cancel for any reason (bad weather, insufficient class enrollment, etc.) you can choose either a full refund or schedule another activity at no additional charge.
- If you do not show for your reservation no refund will be provided.
- If you cancel within 24 hours no refund will be provided. You will be able to transfer into another activity.
- Refunds of reservations for youth classes and camps after they have started will not be provided.
|Sat Jun 04 @ 9:00AM - 12:00PM|
Sea Kayak 1: Intro to Kayaking and Tour
|Sun Jun 05 @10:00AM - 12:00PM|
SUP1: Introduction to Standup Paddleboarding
|Thu Jun 09 @ 6:00PM - 08:30PM|
Sea Kayak 2: Kayak Capsize Recovery
|Sun Jun 26 @10:00AM - 04:00PM|
Sea Kayak 3: The Essential of Kayaking Puget Sound